Frikeh, Feta, Cucumber and Cherry Salad
- 1 c. diced feta
- 3/4 c. chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 c. halved pitted bing cherries
- 1 c. diced cucumber
- 1 c. cooked frikeh (see below)
- 1 c. parsley leaves
- 2 c. radicchio, cut into 1" squares
- 1/2 c. salsa verde (see below)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and coat thoroughly with salsa verde and lemon. Plate and serve.
Frikeh, made from green wheat, can be sourced online, but if you can't find it, substitute farro or barley and cook according to specific instructions on package.
- 1 diced onion
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 c. frikeh
- 1.5 c. water or vegetable stock
Caramelize the onion in olive oil.Add frikeh and vegetable stock, and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.Cool completely.
- 1 c. finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 c. chopped capers
- 1/4 c. finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp chile flake
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped lemon zest
- 2 c. olive oil
Combine all ingredients and stir together.