Happy New Year!
I mildly lament not having something a little meatier for you for my last post of the year, but there you are. At least, I will leave you chuckling in the waning hours of 2009.
In 2010, may your life be filled with joy, your heart filled with love, your belly filled with delicacies and your ears filled with foodie funnies. And when they are, shoot 'em my way at eatsdropper-at-seantimberlake-dot-com.
Server: "You know, I am not that smart and only average looking but I am a fantastic liar and that is going to take me places."
- Eatsdropped by Rhonda at workCoworker, points at a persimmon: "Is that a persimmon?"
Another coworker, pointing at the bowl of figs next to the persimmon: "No, those are called figs."
First coworker: "That persimmon is a fig?"
- Eatsdropped by Genie at workCustomer: "What kind of beer do you have?"
Waitress: "Mostly Mexican."
Customer: "You don't say."
- Eatsdropped by Charlie at Tres AgavesManager: "Dude, the urinal is like an ATM -- you have to stand 10 feet back."
- Eatsdropped by Anita at Mastrelli'sCoworker: "Ryan only eats white food."
Boss: "A man can't eat popcorn?"
Mollena: "It's OK, man. I have the same rule."
- Eatsdropped by Mollena at work
20-something girl, talking to friend:
"Like, when am I going to say no to caramelized onions?"
- Eatsdropped by yours truly at Gough and Hayes